A kitchen island is a useful and multifunctional component. No matter how small your space is, get inspiration from our small kitchen island ideas and tips to add more function to your kitchen.
Even the smallest kitchen island has the potential to offer many uses. When considering small kitchen island ideas, select an island that has the five following abilities: So let us take a look at favorite 26 photos industrial kitchen kitchen storage small space below.
1. Kitchen Storage Ideas For Small Spaces Design And Decorating
1. Creates&nbspextra counter space2. Can be used as an eating counter or breakfast spot3. Has additional storage via drawers, shelves or hooks4. Is sized correctly to not interrupt your kitchen work flow
2. Best Small Apartment Kitchen Ideas On Small
3. Small Spaces Are Taking Over If You've Been Paying Attention To
If you find a good kitchen counter&nbspthat is&nbspmissing an overhang or open side, you can always add a larger, new top to your find. Make sure the new top is large enough to allow at least a 6&rdquo ledge on one side and that the new top is durable enough to withstand kitchen use.
While the standard aisle width guideline of 36&rdquo allows two people to pass, you could have a clearance as small as 32&rdquo if the spot is not high traffic. Take newspaper or painter&rsquos tape and plan a floor outline of where you&rsquod like your island to sit with proper clearance. Test your floor plan and adjust accordingly.
4. Shelving Stainless Steel Fitted Units Mercial Kitchen Large
You don&rsquot have to specifically go out and purchase or custom make a kitchen island. There are a variety of small kitchen island ideas that may work better in your small space than a permanent cabinet piece. Here&rsquos our favorite small kitchen island ideas.