All the small space goodness from last month inspired me to make some tweaks and additions to make my small Brooklyn kitchen more serviceable and user-friendly (especially since I am its primary user). The changes are affordable, renter-friendly and, hopefully, helpful to some of you simmering and saut&eacuteing away in your own small kitchens.
1. Over-the-Stove Cutting Board: small kitchens are a challenge not just for storing things but for actually cooking. To gain a bit more usable counter space I purchased this bamboo cutting board that fits across two burners. If you don&#039t use your stove much you could leave it there most of them time. Or, of course, you can just bring it out when you need more surface area to work on. I used it for an easier quesadilla assembly line recently and it was a great improvement. If you&#039re curious, the one I have is by Lipper International and available through Amazon, Wayfair, Bed Bath &amp Beyond and more for around $23. So let us take a look at favorite apartment one wall small kitchen kitchen storage with 29 pictures below.
1. Engaging White Brown Wood Glass Stainless Modern Design Kitchen
2. Vertical, Affordable Recycling Holder: Do you recognize this piece? It&#039s from the kids&#039 section of IKEA and is mainly marketed as a toy bin. I use it to hold recycling and it&#039s just big enough to hold nearly a week&#039s worth for my family of four. It&#039s a TROFAST frame ($29.99) with two TROFAST storage boxes ($5/each).
2. Modern Kitchen Storage Designs For Small Kitchens With White Board
3. Top Small Apartment Kitchen Concept Kitchen Segomego Home Designs
3. Mini Dust Pan &amp Brush Secured to Fridge: Tired of getting the broom out of the closet every time there was something small to sweep up in the kitchen (like a bit of flour, coffee grinds, etc.) I had the idea to get a very small dust pan and stick it on the fridge. See below for an adhesive method that did not work - what did work was Scotch brand fasteners (adhesive on one side, Velcro-esque on the other). The mini dust pan is by Oxo ($6) and they also make a similarly small, but differently shaped one for a buck more.
Public Service Announcement: I first tried to hang the dust pan on the fridge with glued-on magnets. I don&#039t know if the glue I was using wasn&#039t up to the task (Gorilla Glue Super Glue) or if the plastic surface wasn&#039t porous enough, but this method only lasted a few tries before the magnets came off and stuck to the fridge instead of the dust pan. Maybe you can make this method work, but I recommend skipping the frustration.
4. Best Small Apartment Kitchen Ideas On Tiny
4. Double Magnetic Knife Holder: I wrote at length about this space-saving improvement recently and included some purchasing and DIY options. I&#039m still happy with this small, but effective tweak which freed up some wall space, which I used instead to add.